We are pleased to inform you that the U.S. Consulate General in Surabaya is currently looking for candidates to join our exchange program of Study of the U.S. Institutes (SUSI) for Student Leaders on Climate Change and the Environment for Summer 2023.
Please take a look at the key information below:
The United States Department of State is pleased to invite candidate nominations from Brazil, India, Indonesia, Tunisia, and Nigeria for the summer 2023 Study of the U.S. Institute (SUSI) for Student Leaders on Climate Change and the Environment. The five-week program will take place at the University of Nevada in Reno (UNR), via an award to Meridian International Center (Meridian); exact dates will be communicated at the time of selection. Should health, safety, and travel conditions continue to pose significant challenges, the program will pivot to a modified virtual format. The Study of the U.S. Branch has sponsored Student Leader Institutes since 2003. This Institute is one of four summer 2023 Study of the U.S. Institutes for Global Student Leaders. ECA has issued an award to Meridian International Center to administer this program.
Study of the U.S. Institutes (SUSIs) for Student Leaders are intensive short-term academic programs whose purpose is to provide groups of undergraduate student leaders with a deeper understanding of the United States while simultaneously enhancing their leadership skills. Each Institute hosts 20 participants. The Institutes consist of a four-week academic residency with a balanced series of seminar discussions, readings, group presentations and lectures. Site visits, leadership development, cultural activities, and community service complement the coursework and academic sessions. If conditions allow, the Institutes will include a one-week integrated study tour in the United States. Note that if the program must take place virtually, participants will engage in similar activities but online from their home countries.
- active undergraduate student of UPNVJT semester 1-7 by June 2023
- have at least one semester left of their undergraduate studies, and be committed to returning to their home universities following completion of the program;
- good command of English demonstrated by English Proficient Test result (Min. TOEFL/TOEFL-Like 550; IELTS 6,0; Duolingo 100);
- be interested in the topics of Climate Change and the Environment;
- be between 18 and 25 years of age;
- demonstrate strong leadership qualities and potential in their university and community activities;
- indicate a serious interest in learning about the United States;
- have a sustained high level of academic achievement, as indicated by grades, awards, and teacher recommendations;
- demonstrate commitment to community and extracurricular university activities;
- have little or no prior study or travel experience in the United States or elsewhere outside of their home country;
- be mature, responsible, independent, confident, open-minded, tolerant, thoughtful, and inquisitive;
- be willing and able to fully participate in an intensive academic program, community service, and educational travel;
- if the program is conducted in-person, be comfortable with campus life, prepared to share living accommodations, and able to adjust to cultural and social practices different from those of their home country
Interested students should apply through this link before 29 Nov 2022:
Should you have any questions, please get in touch with Hasan (Mr) by email at email@example.com with the subject [ASK_SUSI_Name]